Thursday 13 March 2014

5 Albums From Your Childhood (Well Mine Anyway)

2002 was a big year in music for me. I got my first CD player and discovered some artists I’d love for another 13 years to come. Back when I was 6 I was very opinionated and really into music, buying whole albums rather than just singles, so here are 5 albums that are part of my childhood and quite possibly part of yours.

5. Feels So Good- Atomic Kitten
Atomic Kitten were huge back in the day and this album was one of my favourites. I could never resist a girl group back when I was 6. WARNING: Contains classic 00s pop! (Such as the hit The Tide Is High!) 




4. Missundaztood- P!nk
I initially bought this album to impress a classmate at the time who liked P!nk (only to discover they already had it). This album contains some of P!nks best hits such as Get The Party Started and Just Like A Pill. What I liked about this album was its attitude and rage (I was an angry child).

3. Stripped- Christina Aguilera
Possibly the highlight of Xtina’s career and still played frequently in my iTunes library today! This album was given to me as a highly demanded Christmas present. This album contains the tracks Dirrty, Fighter and the amazing Beautiful which is the only song capable of making me cry.

2. Laundry Service- Shakira
You saw it coming! A Shakira album! Laundry Service for me was a huge album, after saving up pocket money for weeks and weeks and weeks more, I bought one of the best albums of all time. The Latin-pop album contains the hit single Whenever, Wherever which was in fact my very first CD single.


1.   Britney- Britney Spears
The first album I ever bought (with my 6th birthday money). This album meant a lot to me as did Britney when I was 6. She was an idol of mine and I actively defended her throughout her controversial transition (raging 6 year old Chris Crocker!) This amazing album has so many great tracks on it such as Boys, I’m A Slave 4 U and Overprotected. However if only I’d known that in 2 years time In The Zone was coming to take over my obsession…

What are your ultimate childhood albums? Comment below to share your thoughts.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home